Steps to check property's Annual Value (AV) online
Annual Value (AV) is a property’s estimated annual rent if it were to be rented out, excluding furnishing, furniture and maintenance fees.
Property Annual Value is used by Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) to determine the property tax an owner has to pay annually in Singapore. On top of this, it is also used by Ministry of Finance to determine the amount of GST Voucher (GSTV), financial support schemes, or subsidies a Singaporean is eligible for.
Retrieving the Annual Value (AV) of an HDB, condominium (condo), or landed property online is a straightforward process via the IRAS website and can be performed by anyone. However, the steps to retrieve this information, as well as associated fees, vary depending on whether you are the owner of the property to be checked:
If you are a property owner and would like to check the Annual Value of your own property, there is no cost involved. Simply follow the steps below:
- Visit IRAS’s myTax Portal
- Click ‘Personal Tax‘
- Login with SingPass
- Under ‘Property‘ tab, click on ‘View Property Dashboard‘
- Annual Value (AV) is displayed in the first column of each property that you own
Non Property Owner
If you would like to check the Annual Value (AV) of a property that you do not own, there is a fee of SGD 2.50 (including GST) levied by IRAS for each property that you perform a search on. The fee can be paid via VISA, MasterCard or Internet Banking with DBS, POSB, OCBC, UOB & Citibank.
Follow the steps below to retrieve the Annual Value of the property:
- Visit IRAS’s ‘Check Annual Value of Property‘ digital service
- Select ‘Make New Enquiry‘ and perform ReCAPTCHA verification
- Click ‘Proceed‘
- Enter property address, select the valuation year to retrieve and click ‘Search‘
- Verify the address and click ‘Add to Cart‘
- Scroll to bottom and click ‘View Cart‘
- Confirm the amount to pay and click ‘Checkout‘
- Enter your contact number & last 4 digits of NRIC/FIN, select payment mode, and click ‘Pay Now‘
- Proceed to make the payment and the information will be released to you once payment has been successfully made.
Besides the Property Annual Value, you will also be able to see the name(s) of the property owner(s) for up to the last 5 years. Therefore, if you would like to verify whether a person indeed owns the property or the property transaction history, simply perform the steps above.