Where to go during 2023 year end school holidays in Singapore?
Going on a trip abroad during the year end school holidays is a popular activity among Singaporean families. It is a time for the family to get together, bond and have a retreat after a year of hard work and study. And after being locked up in Singapore for two years due to the pandemic, many have been eager to travel overseas, resulting in higher air ticket prices for the past year.
For those who did not manage to get air tickets to your favourite destinations or find the total cost too expensive for the entire family, there are still many activities that you can do in Singapore.
We have curated a list of ticketed and free activities in November & December 2023 that are suitable for children and teenagers below:
|Event (Date) / Admission Fee (SGD)||Type||Prices from|
|Changi Airport Candy Carnival|
(4 Nov 2023 – 1 Jan 2024)
|Whimsical Sea-Mas Water Park|
(15 Nov 2023 – 9 Dec 2023)
|Christmas on a Great Street|
(16 Nov 2023 – 1 Jan 2024)
|Immersive Disney Animation|
(18 Nov 2023 – 31 Dec 2023)
|Home Team Festival|
(24 – 26 Nov 2023)
|Anime Festival Asia|
(24 – 26 Nov 2023)
(1 Dec 2023 – 1 Jan 2024)
|Space Fest @ Expo|
(2 – 31 Dec 2023)
(8 – 17 Dec 2023)
|Singapore Comic Con|
(9 – 10 Dec 2023)
|Ice Magic (Winter Wonderland)|
(9 Dec 2023 – 21 Jan 2024)
(15 – 17 Dec 2023)
|EOY J-Culture Festival|
(30 – 31 Dec 2023)
Changi Airport Candy Carnival
Changi Airport is hosting a candy-themed carnival at Terminal 3 to wrap up the year. Besides capturing delightful moments with a 5-metre tall bear and a 7-metre tall Ferris wheel in the departure hall of Terminal 3, be sure to explore the main carnival area tucked away on Level 1 and B2.
There are amusement rides, game booths, and food stalls with candy-themed decorations. The highlights include a mini go-kart suitable for school-going children and a Candy Snow House where families can snap photos amidst illuminated ice sculptures, enjoy a round of snow golf, and slide down the 3-lane ice luge.
- Venue: Changi Airport, Terminal 3 [Map]
- Level 2 (Departure Hall): Candy Wonderland for photo-taking
- Level 1 (Beside McDonald’s): Candy Carnival / Candy Kart / Candy Snow House / Food Trucks & Booths
- Basement 2 (Opposite Kopitiam): Candy Carnival (Few rides only)
- Date: 4 November 2023 – 1 January 2024
- Time: 12:00pm – 10:00pm
- Admission Fee: Free
- Tokens for the carnival are sold in denominations of S$20, S$50 and S$100. They can be purchased via Changi App or onsite.
- Changi Rewards members enjoy 1 free play at Candy Bouncy Castle per day, subject to availability.
- Minimum spend of S$50 at Changi Airport entitles a shopper to 5 carnival credits. Terms and details can be found here.
- Age & height limits may apply for selected carnival rides.
Whimsical Sea-Mas Water Park
For the first time ever, Singapore will have a pop-up water park in the mall! In addition, this water-based event is open to both adults and children! As it is in the mall, even bad weather can’t stop you from having fun.
At this water carnival held at the atrium of the Sengkang Grand Mall, patrons can look forward to having a LED-lit sea creatures boat ride, running on inflatable hamster wheels, paddling aboard an inflatable stand-up paddle boat, conquering a water-based obstacle course and more.
On top of the water activities, you can also try your luck at the carnival games and claw machines to win home a variety of adorable sea-themed plushies.
- Venue: Sengkang Grand Mall, Level 1, Main Atrium [Map]
- Date: 15 November 2023 – 9 December 2023
- (Monday – Thursday) 1:00pm – 3:00pm | 3:00pm – 5:00pm | 5:00pm – 7:00pm | 7:00pm – 9:00pm
- (Friday – Sunday): 11:00am – 1:00pm | 1:00pm – 3:00pm | 3:00pm – 5:00pm | 5:00pm – 7:00pm | 7:00pm – 9:00pm
- Admission Fee: Free with minimum spend at the mall. Regular ticket price starts from SGD 18.75 per person
- Note: Free for children under the age of 3. Proper swimming attire is required.
Christmas on a Great Street
It’s the time of the year again where shopping malls and streets in the Orchard area are dressed with sparkling lightings and festive decorations. Stroll down Orchard Road on one of the nights this season with the kids, and be enchanted by the lightings and augmented reality (AR) projections.
Apart from the light shows, Shaw House, Ngee Ann City and Plaza Singapura will be holding Christmas Villages with craft workshops, live music performances, delectable food, carnival rides, bouncy castle and pop-up amusement arcade as we get into the festive mood.
Lastly, Orchard Road is transforming into a party zone this Christmas Eve for the first time since the pandemic! Band performances by students from Swiss Cottage Secondary School and fast-beating dance music by DJs Housewrk, PIN, Vii, and Andrew T will get everyone hyped up whole night as we countdown to Christmas.
- Venue: Orchard Road [Map]
- Date: 16 November 2023 – 1 January 2024
- Admission Fee: Free
Immersive Disney Animation
Photos via Base Entertainment / Website
Hailing from the United States, the Immersive Disney Animation is a 360-degree and multi-sensory virtual experience designed for children. Visitors to the exhibition will have the opportunity be part of popular Disney movies such as Aladdin, Frozen, The Lion King, Little Mermaid, Big Hero 6 and Zootopia.
Through multiple interactive and multi-million pixel projectors, kids will get to experience riding on Aladdin’s carpet, stand alongside Elsa from Frozen, watch Simba being presented by Rafika in-person, and more as if they were part of the show.
This 90-minute show and exhibition will be an interesting experience for school-going children this year-end holiday.
- Venue: Level B1 & 1, Sands Theatre, Marina Bay Sands [Map]
- Date: 18 November 2023 – 31 December 2023
- Opening Hours
- (Sunday – Thursday) 10:00am – 10:00pm
- (Friday, Saturday, eve and Public Holiday) 10:00am – 11:30pm
- Admission Fee: From SGD 33 per person
Home Team Festival
Photos via Ministry of Home Affairs, Singapore / Facebook
Do your kids fill in policeman or firefighter as their dream occupations in school?
Many children grow up having dreams of becoming heroes who help and protect people. They like to imagine themselves catching thieves, solving crime, putting out fires, driving fire engines and more.
The Home Team Festival 2023 is a unique opportunity in which visitors can get to interact with police officers, fire fighters, home team staff as well as hop on fire trucks, police car and other equipment on exhibition. There will also be theatric experiences and demonstrations to help everyone understand the roles and jobs of these vocations.
Kids will get to hop on kiddy rides that mimic fire engines and public car, role play as a police officer and fireman, join in hands-on activities like creating an identity card, colouring a picture and more.
- Venue: Singapore Expo, Hall 4 [Map]
- Date / Opening Hours
- 24 – 25 November 2023 (Friday – Saturday): 11:00am – 9:00pm
- 26 November 2023 (Sunday): 9:00am – 9:00pm
- Admission Fee: Free
Anime Festival Asia
This is a not-to-be-missed event for those who are into anime. Other than getting to buy games, comics, cosplay and anime merchandise at the exhibition, the festival features separately ticketed concerts by the original singers of popular anime flying in from Japan. Japanese dance & cosplay competitions will also be held on the side.
This is not just an exhibition, but is a festival that celebrates the Japanese pop culture and is an avenue for like-minded hobbyists to meet every year!
- Venue: Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre, Level 3 & 4 [Map]
- Date: 24 – 26 November 2023 (Friday – Sunday)
- Opening Hours: 10:00am – 8:00pm
- Admission Fee: From SGD 28 per person
Photos via Christmas Wonderland / Website
A Christmas-themed carnival held annually since 2014, the event is back for the tenth time this year at the Garden by the Bay. Other than carnival games, amusement rides, food fair and music performances typically of carnivals, the highlights of this event are the specially constructed and instagrammable lighting displays.
The 20-metre tall Spalliera made up of 103,000 lightbulbs and 65-metre tunnel lighted by 75,000 multi-colored LED lights are key installations not to be missed.
As the saying goes ‘happy times come and go, but the memories stay forever’, get some photos taken with your loved ones and keep this joyous occassion in your memory, forever.
- Venue: Gardens by the Bay, Supertree Grove [Map]
- Date: 1 December 2023 – 1 January 2024
- Opening hours: 6:30pm – 10:30pm (last entry at 10:00pm)
- Admission Fee: From SGD 8 per adult, SGD 6 per child
Space Fest @ Expo
Photos via Singapore Expo / Website
This largest space-themed carnival in Singapore may be for you if you are staying in the eastern side of Singapore and do not want to travel too far from home. For the second time since its inception, the event brings together a host of activities for kids as well as adults, ranging from carnival rides & games, food & retail fair, craft activities, to stage performances.
While access to the food & retail fair, live music performances, and taking photos with space exhibits are free, the rides, games and spaced-themed activities are chargeable. Nonetheless, this carnival is a good choice for family outing for the kids to enjoy loads of fun in the day, while the adults get to lay back and be entertained.
- Venue: Singapore Expo, Hall 6 [Map]
- Dates: 2 – 31 December 2023
- Opening hours: (Monday – Thursday) 1:00pm – 9:00pm | (Friday – Sunday) 11:00am – 9:00pm
- Admission Fee: Free (Carnival rides, games and food are chargeable)
Commonly known as Popular Book Fair, the annual fair organised by Popular Bookstore (the book and stationery retail chain), is an event that all parents with school-going children should not miss. It is the time of the year to replenish or replace stationeries, and to get assessment books to prepare for the new academic year in two weeks’ time.
For the first time, this year’s event will be held at the chain’s 25 outlets spread across Singapore.
- Venue: All 25 Popular Bookstore outlets in Singapore
- Date: 8 – 17 December 2023 (Friday – Sunday)
- Opening Hours: Varies according to outlet
- Admission Fee: Free
Singapore Comic Con
Photos via Singapore Comic Con / Website
The annual toys, games and comics exhibition, showcasing collections from over 100 exhibitors, is back this December! You will be able to get to browse and buy the latest limited edition collectibles at this fair.
If you are thinking of rewarding your child for scoring good grades or buying a Christmas present for a kid who is a fan of anime and manga, this is a place where you should go!
- Venue: Sands Expo and Convention Centre, Level 1 & B2 [Map]
- Date: 9 – 10 December 2023 (Saturday – Sunday)
- Opening Hours: 10:00am to 8:00pm (Early access pass holders get to enter the venue from 9:00am)
- Admission Fee: From SGD 35 per person
Ice Magic (Winter Wonderland)
Ice Magic 2024 (Winter Wonderland), the popular pop-up snow playground is back again from 9 December 2023 – 21 January 2024.
This year, the playground will feature Singapore’s first-ever Merry-Go-Round on ice, Singapore’s first-ever two-lane couple ice slide, and Singapore’s longest snow slope.
Other than the rides, the playground itself is thoughtfully decorated with romantic lightings, ice sculptures and cozy wooden cottage within the snowy facility, making it perfect for photo-taking. There will also be over 10 winter-themed food kiosks at the Winter Food Village.
- Venue: Bayfront Event Space (Beside Marina Bay Sands / MBS) [Map]
- Date: 9 December 2023 – 21 January 2024
- Opening Hours: 10:00am – 7:00pm
- Admission Fee: From SGD 19 per person
Photos via Masterpiece Collectibles / Website
This is an annual event for those who are into toy cars, fighter aircraft models, bus models and figurines to gather and get their hands on the latest and vintage collectible items. If your child is not so much into anime, manga, comics or games, this will be an alternative avenue to buy him or her the year-end festive gift.
- Venue: Leisure Park Kallang [Map]
- Date: 15 – 17 December 2023 (Friday – Sunday)
- Opening Hours: 10:00am – 8:00pm
- Admission Fee: Free (S$98 for VIP Pass + Goodie Bag)
EOY J-Culture Festival
Photos via EOY J-Culture Festival / Facebook
If you had missed the Anime Festival Asia in November, this end-of-year Japanese pop culture festival will be your last chance to immerse in J-pop culture and meet with fellow enthusiasts in 2023. While this event will not feature big anime titles and singers, it is a platform for local J-pop culture fans to congregate and share their passions.
Over 100 exhibitors will share their love for the culture through performances, cosplays, illustrations, and photography. This festival is initiated ground-up by fans and its tickets are comparatively more affordable.
- Venue: Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre, Hall 403 [Map]
- Date: 30 – 31 December 2023 (Saturday – Sunday)
- Opening Hours: 12:30pm – 8:00pm
- Admission Fee: From SGD 16.90 per person