What is The Courage Fund?
The Courage Fund helps low-income families affected by COVID-19 whose family member(s) have contracted COVID-19 or are affected by Stay-Home Notice (SHN), mandatory Leave of Absence (LOA) or Home Quarantine Order (QO).
The household will receive a one-time payout of up to $1000, depending on the household’s per capita income after being affected by COVID-19, credited into bank account. The Courage Fund is administered by the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF).
How to apply for The Courage Fund?
The household will be qualified for the fund if
- Have at least a Singapore citizen (SC) or Permanent Resident (PR) in the household
- Experienced a complete or partial (of at least 10%) loss of household income due to COVID-19
- A household income of $3,900, or per capita household income of $1,350, prior to being affected by COVID-19
- ComCare clients can apply.
The application opens from 6 April 2020. The application should be made within 6 months from the end of the QO, LOA or SHN or discharge from hospitalisation due to COVID-19 (whichever is later).
2 – 3 weeks processing for fund disbursement, upon submission of supporting documents
- Prepare the following supporting documents
- Bank account number (for fund disbursement)
- Proof of QO/ LOA/ SHN/ hospitalisation for the affected family member
- Relevant documents showing reduction of income as a result of COVID-19 (e.g. payslips before and after the QO/ LOA/ SHN/ hospitalisation episode)
- Application form (available at SSO or download here)
- Visit one of the branches of Social Service Office (SSO) – List of branches
Have you also checked whether you are qualified for one of the following?
How to qualify and apply for Temporary Relief Fund (TRF) Scheme
How to qualify and apply for Self-Employed Person Income Relief Scheme (SIRS)