What is the COVID-19 Support Grant (CSG)?
COVID-19 Support Grant helps employees affected by COVID-19 situation who
- Become unemployed due to retrenchment or contract termination
- Presently on involuntary no-pay leave (NPL) for at least 3 consecutive months
- Experience reduced monthly salary of at least 30% for 3 consecutive months
Eligible employees will receive 3 monthly cash payouts of S$800 each month, credited into bank account. On top of this, they will also receive job and training support by Workforce Singapore or the Employment and Employability Institute to prepare them for the next employments.
[Updated] The application process and required documents have been updated.
How to apply for COVID-19 Support Grant (CSG)?
Singapore citizens (SC) or Permanent Residents (PR) aged 16 years old and above are eligible for COVID-19 Support Grant if you meet the following criteria:
- Full-time or part-time permanent or contract staff affected by COVID-19 who are
- Presently unemployed due to retrenchment or contract termination OR
- Presently on involuntary NPL for a period of at least three consecutive months (e.g. Mar – May, May – Jul, etc.) OR
- Presently experiencing reduced monthly salary of at least 30% for a period of at least three consecutive months
- The above situations should have occurred after 23 Jan 2020
- Have had a gross monthly household income of ≤$10,000, or monthly per capita household income of ≤$3,100, prior to unemployment
- Live in a property with an annual value of ≤$21,000
- Not currently receiving ComCare assistance
- Recipients of Self-Employed Persons Income Relief Scheme (SIRS) are not eligible
- Current or past recipients of COVID-19 Support Grant should not apply again
- Full-time National Servicemen and interns are not eligible
- Agree to actively participate in job search or attend a training programme under Workforce Singapore or the Employment and Employability Institute
4 May 2020 to 30 Sep 2020
(Applications who had their salaries reduced by at least 30% may apply from 11 May 2020 onward)
About 2 weeks upon submission of supporting documents
- Prepare the following supporting documents
- Bank account number (for fund disbursement)
- Payslip(s) or CPF Contribution Statement(s) before loss of income
- Payslip(s) or CPF Contribution Statement(s) after loss of income
- Relevant documents showing loss of income such as:
- Letter of retrenchment/termination of contract
- Letter from employer for being placed on No-Pay Leave for at least 3 consecutive months
- Letter from employer indicating salary reduction of at least 30% for at least 3 consecutive months
- Apply online with SingPass via this link from 4 May 2020. Application link will be open from 9am to 6pm daily.
- If you require assistance in completing the online application form, please call the ComCare Call hotline (1800-222-0000).
- Prepare the supporting documents
- Visit one of the nearest branches of Social Service Office (SSO) to schedule an application slot- List of branches
Have you also checked whether you are qualified for one of the following?