China Visa Requirements for exchanges, visits, study tours and other activities (category F)
China Visa of this category is issued to those who are invited to China for exchanges, visits, study tours and other activities.
Basic documents needed when applying for China Visa Category F:
- Original Passport and Photocopy in color
- Visa Application Form and Photo. Read here for full photo requirements.
- Proof of legal stay or residence status (applicable to those not applying for the visa in their country of citizenship)
- Photocopy of previous Chinese passports or previous Chinese visas (applicable for those who were Chinese citizens and have obtained foreign citizenship). If you are applying for a Chinese visa for the first time, you should provide the last Chinese passport held and a photocopy of its data page. If you have obtained Chinese visas before and apply for a Chinese visa with a renewed foreign passport that does not contain any Chinese visa, you should present the photocopy of the previous passport’s data page and the photo page if it is separate, as well as the previous Chinese visa page (If your name on the current passport differs from that on the previous one, you must provide an official document of name change).
Supporting documents needed when applying for China Visa Category F:
- An invitation letter issued by a relevant entity or individual in China. The invitation letter should contain:
- Information on the applicant ( full name, gender, date of birth, etc.);
- Information on the planned visit (purpose of visit, arrival and departure dates, place(s) to be visited, relations between the applicant and the inviting entity or individual, financial source for expenditures);
- Information on the inviting entity or individual (name, contact telephone number, address, official stamp, the signature of the legal representative or the inviting individual).
- Unless the original version is required in particular, the invitation letter may be in the form of fax, photocopy or computer printout.
- For multiple entries visa application, please provide the photocopy of your recent F or M visa.
- If necessary, the consular officer may require the applicant to provide other proof documents or supplementary materials or require an interview with the applicant.
The consular officer will decide on whether or not to issue the visa and on its validity, duration of stay and number of entries in light of specific conditions of the applicant.
What is an F visa for China?
F visa for China is a visa that allows foreigners to enter China for exchanges, visits, study tours and other activities.