Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong announces in his national address on 21 April 2020 5 PM that Singapore Circuit Breaker will be extended till 01 June 2020. The current Circuit Breaker will be further restricted with more movement controls and less essential services.
More individuals and businesses may continue to be affected during the extended period of Circuit Breaker. Government has enhanced some of the financial assistance scheme for both individuals and businesses.
Further Financial Assistance Scheme for Individuals
- For those who have lost their job or lost at least 30% of their income due to COVID-19, apply for Temporary Relief Fund before the deadline on 30 April 2020. More details and application method here.
- Application and appeal methods for Self-employed Person Income Relief Scheme (SIRS) will be released on 27 April 2020. Those who narrowly miss the criteria may submit an appeal. Details to be updated soon.
- The criteria for COVID-19 Support Grant will be updated. Initially, it was intended for employees from low to middle income household with household income of $10,000 who become unemployed due to COVID-19. The grant provides monthly cash assistance of $800 for 3 months. More details will be released soon.
Further Financial Assistance Scheme and Grants for Businesses
- Special Job Support Scheme for April 2020 that subsidizes 75% of the first S$4,600 of gross monthly wages paid to local employees (Singaporeans and Permanent Residents) across all sectors extended to May 2020.
- Job Support Scheme will now include eligible directors and shareholders (shareholder-directors) who are also employees.
- Foreign Worker Levy waiver and rebate will be extended to May 2020.
- Read the full list of government financial assistance schemes for businesses here:
COVID-19: Full list of government financial assistance schemes for businesses