What are the travel requirements to enter Bangkok Thailand from Singapore?
A tourist will no longer be required to undergo pre-arrival and post-arrival COVID testing when flying into Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket or any airports in Thailand. In short, you can travel to Thailand just like before the pandemic. Hooray!
However, you will still need to prepare the following if you are travelling to Thailand before 1 October 2022:
- A valid passport
- A visa (if required, not required for Singaporeans traveling by air)
- Proof of vaccination (before 1 October 2022)
- You may or may not be asked by the immigration officer to provide proof of vaccination. However, you may wish to generate a copy of your vaccination certificate via Notarise and save the HealthCert to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay.
Options for Travel Insurance to Bangkok
If better protect yourself and insure yourself and your family against any unforeseen circumstances, you may purchase a travel insurance before entering Thailand.
These are the travel insurance previously recommended by Thailand Pass:
Read their detailed comparisons here.
What are the flights from Singapore to Bangkok
The following are the airlines with direct flights from Singapore to Bangkok (as of September 2022):
- Thai Airasia – Don Mueang International Airport (DMK)
- Jetstar – Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)
- Scoot – Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)
- Singapore Airlines – Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)
- Thai Airways – Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)
- Thai Vietjet Air – Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK)
Don Mueang International Airport (DMK) was the only airport in Bangkok before Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) was built. Serving mainly low cost carriers for now, Don Mueang airport is about 20km from downtown Bangkok. It costs around THB 200 for a taxi ride from the airport to the city. A trip onboard the new MRT line launched in late 2021 will cost around THB 33 to the city. Click here for all the private and public transportation details from DMK to the city.
Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) is the newer airport with better facilities. It has direct connection to Bangkok’s Airport Rail Link, providing convenience to travel to any parts of Bangkok by commuter rail.