Where can I get or change new notes in Singapore?
There may be special occasions like Chinese New Year (CNY), Hari Raya, birthdays, or baby showers when you will need new Singapore Dollar notes as gifts.
Pop-up ATMs loaded with new notes and extended notes exchange services at bank branches are usually available about a month before CNY, but if you would like to change new notes outside this period, your options are as below:
Option 1: Make special requests
You can request for freshly minted Singapore dollar notes when making withdrawals personally at the local banks like UOB, OCBC or DBS. Just inform the teller that you would like new bank notes.
Option 2: Utilise ATM’s Note Exchange Service
Not many know that you can actually exchange your old notes for new notes conveniently through ATM.
DBS / POSB offers this service through their Note Exchange Service at 50 Branch Teller Machines (BTMs) spread across the island. These self-service banking machines support notes exchange in denominations of S$2, S$5, S$10, S$50 and S$100. For instance, you can exchange one fifty-dollar note for 25 new two-dollar notes or exchange one fifty-dollar note for one new fifty-dollar note,
The locations of DBS/POSB BTMs can be found are as follows (as of April 2023):
- (Yishun MRT) Blk 926 Yishun Central 1, #01-183, Singapore 760926 [Map]
- (Admiralty MRT) Kampung Admiralty, Blk 676 Woodlands Drive 71, #B1-01, Singapore 730676 [Map] – Operates 24 hours
- (Woodlands MRT) Woodlands Civic Centre, 900 South Woodlands Drive, #02-01, Singapore 730900 [Map]
- (Marsiling MRT) Blk 303 Woodlands Street 31, #01-191, Singapore 730303 [Map]
- (Yew Tee MRT) Yew Tee Point, 21 Choa Chu Kang North 6, #01-26, Singapore 689578 [Map]
- (Pasir Ris MRT) White Sands, 1 Pasir Ris Central Street 3, #03-05, Singapore 518457 [Map]
- (Tampines MRT) Our Tampines Hub, 51 Tampines Ave 4, #B1-20, Singapore 529684 [Map]
- (Tampines MRT) Tampines 1, 10 Tampines Central 1, #03-08/09, Singapore 529536 [Map]
- (Tampines East MRT) Blk 201A Tampines Street 21, #01-1051, Singapore 521201 [Map] – Operates 24 hours
- (Upper Changi MRT) SUTD, 8 Somapah Road, Building 1, #01-103, Singapore 487372 [Map]
- (Simei MRT) Eastpoint Mall, 3 Simei Street 6, #01-24, Singapore 528833 [Map]
- (Bedok MRT) Blk 213 Bedok North Street 1, #01-103, Singapore 460213 [Map]
- (Paya Lebar MRT) SingPost Centre, 10 Eunos Road 8, #01-106/107/108, Singapore 408600 [Map]
- (Marine Parade Central) Blk 83 Marine Parade Central, #01-584, Singapore 440083 [Map]
- (Marine Parade) Parkway Parade, 80 Marine Parade Road, #01-12, Singapore 449269 [Map]
- (Sengkang MRT) Compass One, 1 Sengkang Square, #02-05/06, Singapore 545078 [Map]
- (Sengkang) Fernvale Community Club, 21 Sengkang West Avenue, #01-04, Singapore 797650 [Map] – Operates 24 hours
- (Punggol MRT) Waterway Point, 83 Punggol Central Unit, #B2-09, Singapore 828761 [Map]
- (Hougang MRT) Blk 805 Hougang Central, #01-102/104, Singapore 530805 [Map]
- (Ang Mo Kio MRT) Blk 703 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8, #01-254, Singapore 560703 [Map]
- (Ang Mo Kio MRT) Blk 712A Ang Mo Kio Avenue 6, #01-4066, Singapore 561712 [Map]
- (Upper Thomson MRT) Thomson Plaza, 301 Upper Thomson Road, #01-45, Singapore 574408 [Map]
- (Bishan MRT) Junction 8, 9 Bishan Place #01-14, Singapore 579837 [Map]
- (Toa Payoh MRT) HDB Hub, 500 Toa Payoh Lorong 6, #01-32, Singapore 310500 [Map] – Operates 24 hours
- (Toa Payoh MRT) HDB Hub, 520 Toa Payoh Lorong 6, #02-50, Singapore 310520 [Map]
- (Boon Keng MRT) Blk 101 Towner Road, #01-238/240/242, Singapore 322101 [Map]
- (Serangoon MRT) NEX Mall, 23 Serangoon Central, #02-29 NEX Mall, Singapore 556083 [Map]
- (Serangoon Central) Blk 254 Serangoon Central Drive, #01-205, Singapore 550254 [Map] – Operates 24 hours
- (Serangoon Garden) 20 Maju Avenue, Singapore 556694 [Map] – Operates 24 hours
City / Central Business District CBD
- (Newton MRT) Newton Green, 135 Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 229837 [Map] – Operates 24 hours
- (Novena MRT) Square 2, 10 Sinaran Drive, #02-19, Singapore 307506 [Map]
- (Orchard MRT) Takashimaya Shopping Centre, Ngee Ann City, 391 Orchard Road, #B2-21, Singapore 238872 [Map]
- (Somerset MRT) The Centrepoint, 176 Orchard Road, #B1-K12/K13, Singapore 238843 [Map]
- (Dhoby Ghaut MRT) Plaza Singapura, 68 Orchard Road, #B1-25, Singapore 238839 [Map]
- (Raffles Place MRT) RB Capital Building, 22 Malacca Street #01-00, Singapore 048980 [Map]
- (Chinatown MRT) Hong Lim Complex, Blk 531 Upper Cross Street, #01-51, Singapore 050531 [Map] – Operates 24 hours
- (Bayfront MRT) Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, 10 Bayfront Avenue, L1-30A, Singapore 018956 [Map]
- (Promenade MRT) Suntec City, 3 Temasek Boulevard, #02-709/710/711, Singapore 038983 [Map]
- (Harbourfront MRT) Harbourfront Centre, 1 Maritime Square, #02-122/123, Singapore 099253 [Map]
- (Labrador Park MRT) Alexandra Retail Centre, 460 Alexandra Road, #02-17, Singapore 119963 [Map] – Operates 24 hours
- (Bukit Panjang) Hillion Mall, 17 Petir Road, #B1-07/08/09, Singapore 678278 [Map]
- (Bukit Panjang Ring Road) Zhenghua Community Club, 1 Segar Road, #01-06, Singapore 677738 [Map] – Operates 24 hours
- (Bukit Batok MRT) Blk 636 Bukit Batok Central, #01-02/04, Singapore 650636 [Map]
- (Buona Vista MRT) Blk 43 Holland Drive, #01-59, Singapore 270043 [Map] – Operates 24 hours
- (Jurong East MRT) Westgate, 3 Gateway Drive, #04-36, Singapore 608532 [Map]
- (Jurong East MRT) CPF Jurong Building, 21 Jurong Gateway Road, #01-03, Singapore 609646 [Map]
- (Pioneer MRT) Blk 960 Jurong West Street 92, #01-174, Singapore 640960 [Map]
- (King Albert Park MRT) Bukit Timah Plaza, 1 Jalan Anak Bukit, #01-19/20, Singapore 588996 [Map]
- (Holland Village MRT) Raffles Holland V, 118 Holland Avenue, #02-05, Singapore 278997 [Map]
- (Tiong Bahru MRT) Tiong Bahru Plaza, 302 Tiong Bahru Road, #01-123/124, Singapore 168732 [Map]
What do I need to exchange for new notes at DBS/POSB Branch Teller Machines (BTMs)?
You will need to have a bank account with DBS or POSB in order to make an exchange at the Branch Teller Machines (BTMs).
However, it is optional for you to present your card for the notes exchange service. In the event that you did not bring your card, you just need to enter your account number, NRIC/ passport number, and contact number.
The detailed instructions for operating the machines can be found here.