What is VTL Singapore?
Vaccinated Travel Lane or VTL Singapore refers to a quaratine-free travel lane that allows tourists or short-term visitors (STV) and long-term pass holders (LTP) to enter Singapore without the need to undergo quarantine.
VTL Singapore is currently open to visitors flying from Australia, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, the Netherlands, the Republic of Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States with limited flights per day.
Eligbility for VTL Singapore
- Be fully vaccinated with at least 2 doses of Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna, Astrazeneca, Covishield, Janssen, Sinopharm, Sinovac or Covaxin for at least 2 weeks before arrival in Singapore and met the minimum dose interval period as outlined here
- Hold an accepted proof of vaccination from the respective governments as outlined here
- In the last 14 days prior to flying into Singapore, travelers must have only traveled to/ transited via any VTL countries above or Hong Kong, Macao, Mainland China, Taiwan and Singapore.
Application process and how to apply for VTL Singapore
The following process on how to apply for VTL Singapore applies to all short term visitors (STV), such as tourists and long-term pass holders (LTV), such as employment pass, work permit and student pass entering Singapore through VTL:
- Apply for Vaccinated Travel Pass at least 7 days before intended arrival date. Wait for approval before you book your VTL flights. A VTP is valid for entry up to 6 calendar days after the traveller’s chosen date of entry. If you are unsure, follow this step-by-step guide here on how to apply for Vaccinated Travel Pass.
- Once your application is approved, proceed to book one of the designated VTL flights. Note: Not all flights are VTL flights, only flights labeled wit VTL are eligible.
- Take COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test or Antigen Rapid test (ART) in your departure country within two days before departure.
- Register and pre-pay for on-arrival COVID-19 PCR test directly at Changi Airport. Simply click on this COVID-19 Test link here and click on “proceed”. You will not be able do the testing elsewhere other than Changi Airport. The PCR test costs S$125 (inclusive of GST).
- Submit your SG Arrival Card to ICA here. Foreign visitors will need to submit arrival information and health declaration. Long-term pass holders will just need to submit health declaration.
- Short-term visitors must purchase travel insurance to cover the entire duration of stay in Singapore, with a minimum coverage of S$30,000 for COVID-19-related medical treatment and hospitalisation costs.
- Download and register for TraceTogether app on their mobile devices.
VTL flights check-in
You will need to present the following documents to check-in to your flight:
- Vaccinated Travel Pass
- Accepted proof of vaccination
- Negative COVID-19 test results
- Valid visa (if applicable)
Clearing immigration at Changi Airport
- At ICA immigration checkpoint, present the same documents above.
- Take your pre-booked on-arrival COVID-19 PCR test.
- Take private transportation/ taxi or book GrabSHN, Go-Jek, Ryde, MVL (TADA) to your self-isolation accommodation or your pre-booked SHN hotel.
- You will be emailed a unique link (upon arrival in Singapore) where you can book your tests for Day 3 and Day 7 of stay in Singapore at either Combined Test Centre (CTC) or Quick Test Centre (QTC).
- You will also be required to perform self-administered ARTs on Day 2, 4, 5 and 6 of stay in Singapore.