What is COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test (ART)?
COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test (or ART in short) is a quick 15 to 20-minute test that screens for the SARS-CoV-2 virus. The test kit typically includes three components:
- Sterile swab
- Solution tube and Nozzle cap
- Test device
How to perform a COVID-19 Ag self-test?
- Wash your hands
- Make sure that the 3 kit contents above are present
- Insert the swab about 2cm into your nostril
- Rotate the swab 5 to 10 times against the wall of the nostril
- Using the same swab, repeat for the other nostril
- Place the swab in the solution tube and swirl it 5 to 10 times before removing the swab
- Squeeze a few drops of the liquid from the tube onto the testing device or strip
- Wait for 15 minutes
- Refer to test kit manufacturer’s instruction on interpreting the results.
Instructions and procedures may vary with the brand of the self-test kit you purchase. You may refer to the video below on how to administer a COVID-19 ART Self-test for SD Biosensor’s Standard Q Covid-19 Ag Home Test:
Where can I buy a COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test (ART) self-test kit in Singapore?
Singapore’s Ministry of Health (MOH) has distributed 6 COVID-19 ART kits to each household in Singapore between 28 August 2021 to 27 September 2021. On 09 October 2021, MOH announced that it will be distributing another 10 ART kits to each household between 22 October to 7 December 2021 through SingPost.
In the event that you have used up all the SD Biosensor’s Standard Q COVID-19 Ag Test kits, you can still buy Health Science Authority (HSA) authorised ARTs from the retailers and online stores below. The ART test kits authorised and approved by HSA are:
- Abbott PanBio COVID-19 Antigen Self-Test
- Acon Biotech Flowflex SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Rapid Test (Self-Testing)
- Cue COVID-19 Test
- Quidel QuickVue At-Home OTC COVID-19 Test
- SD Biosensor SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Self-Test Nasal
- SD Biosensor Standard Q COVID-19 Ag Home Test
- BD Veritor At-Home COVID-19 Test
- BD Kit for Rapid Detection of SARS-CoV-2
- Lucira Check It COVID-19 Test Kit
- Abbott Panbio™ COVID-19 Ag Rapid Test Device (Nasal)
Other kits bought online (e.g. SG Diagnostics COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test Kit) are not authorised by HSA for self-administered ART. Do exercise caution when buying the test kits online.
- Fairprice Online
- Guardian – S$13.00 (1 test kit)
- Raffles Health – S$23.54 (2 test kits)
- Shopee Supermarket – S$13.00 (1 test kit), $21.50 (2 test kits), S$237.50 (25 test kits)
- Watsons – S$13.00 (1 test kit), S$21.50 (2 test kits), S$237.50 (25 test kits)
- Suntec City (West Wing), near to Ding Tai Fung – S$7.20 (1 test pack), S$32.90 (5 test pack)
What to do if you get COVID-19 positive results from your self-test in Singapore?
Refer to the answer under MOH’s FAQ. This page will be frequently updated to reflect the latest regulations.