You can follow simple these steps to request for credit card late payment fee waiver or late payment charge waiver from Citibank. Please note that you can only use automated services over Citibank’s phone banking CitiPhone to waive the late charge or finance charge.
Note: Citibank has updated its phone banking options (as of Jan 2022) to make it more convenient for customers to waive late fee.
- Call +65 6225 5225 using your mobile phone number registered with Citibank
- Listen to the greeting message that cannot be skipped
- Press 1 for account-related enquiries
- Citibank will be able to identify your identity immediately if you are using the mobile phone number registered with Citibank
- Enter the numeric digits of your NRIC number or last 4 digits of card number
- Press 1 for late fee and interest charges waiver
- Press 1 again for late fee and interest charges waiver
- You will receive a SMS once your fee waiver request has been approved
- Alternatively, you may also login to Citibank Online and send a message to request for fee waiver
How to appeal for Citibank credit card's rejected late fee waiver
Citibank is one of the banks with stricter requirements when it comes to waiving of late charge fee or finance charge.
It is easy to get your late fee waived for the first time. However, subsequent requests may be difficult from case to case.
If your request for late fee waiver is rejected or unapproved, you may follow the steps below to appeal:
- Login to Citibank Online
- On the top right corner, click on “Messages”
- Under “Subject”, choose “Inquiry on waiver of late fee and/or finance charge.
- In the message, state your appeals.