Follow the simple steps below to waive your Citibank credit cards’ annual fee or annual membership fee for Citi Cash Back Card, Citibank Clear Card, Citibank Clear Platinum Card, Citibank Personal Business Gold Visa Card, Citi Rewards Card, Citi PremierMiles American Express® Card, Citi Premiermiles Mastercard/Visa Card, Citi Prestige Card, Citi Silver Card, Citi SMRT Platinum Visa Card, Citi M1 Card and Citi Lazada Card.
Note: Citibank has updated its phone banking options (as of Aug 2021) to make it more convenient for customers to waive annual fee.
- Call +65 6225 5225 using your mobile phone number registered with Citibank
- Press 1 for account-related enquiries
- Citibank will be able to identify your identity immediately if you are using the mobile phone number registered with Citibank.
- Enter the numeric digits of your NRIC number or last 4 digits of card number
- Press 2 for annual fee waiver, self-service banking or to speak with CitiPhone officer
- Press 2 again for annual fee waiver, self-service banking or to speak with CitiPhone officer
- Press # to skip listening to the account balance
- Select option for annual fee waiver
- You will receive a SMS once your fee waiver request has been approved.
- Alternatively, you may also login to Citibank Online and send a message to request for fee waiver
What is Credit Card Annual Membership Fee?
A credit card annual fee or annual membership fee is the fee that is automatically charged to your credit card on an annual basis. Some basic credit cards may have no annual fee but there is usually one for most credit cards.
Credit cards with higher annual fee come with more benefits and privileges. For example, with an annual fee of S$535, Citi Prestige Card comes with complimentary night stay when you book a minimum consecutive four-night stay at any hotel or resort and more miles per transaction spent.
What to do if you annual fee waiver request gets rejected?
Some credit cards such as Citi Prestige Card have strictly no fee waiver clause.
For other credit cards, if you often use them for your online spending and daily retail transactions, the annual fee will most likely be automatically waived or waived after an waiver application.
If the credit cards are not your preferred cards and you don’t use them very often, your annual fee waiver application may get rejected. If it gets rejected, login to Citibank Online to make an appeal.