What is Qurban and Aqiqah?
Qurban and Aqiqah are significant religious practices in Islam that hold great value for Muslims.
How is Qurban/ Aqiqah carried out in Singapore?
Where to order Qurban in Singapore?
In Singapore, several organizations and mosques offer Qurban or Korban service for those who wish to perform these rituals. Bookings usually open between one to two month before Hari Raya Haji/ Hari Raya Aidiladha which falls on 29 June 2023.
Bookings for Qurban can be done either online or manually via the channels below:
- SalamSG Korban by SalamSG Movement (SSGM)
- SSGM is an initiative by MUIS and mosques in Singapore. During the Hari Raya Aidiladha season, Muslims can book and pay online for their Korban from any of the participating mosques.
- Price: S$360 – S$380 per sheep
- Book Now. You will be able to choose your preferred mosque for collection and pay via PayNow or debit/ credit card.
- Alternatively, you can also book and make payment at individual mosques.
- Pergas or Persatuan Ulama dan Guru-Guru Agama Islam Singapura is a NGO that dedicates itself to raise the quality of Islamic Education and welfare of Asatizah.
- Price: Start from S$330 per cow or goat (Australia) / S$140 per cow (Malawi)
- Book Now. This Qurban 2023 is organised by Pergas Investment Holdings and supported by PERGAS.
- Pertapis Education & Welfare Centre
- Pertapis is a charity organisation that aims to empower the Muslim community in Singapore with quality education and social services.
- Price: Start from S$370 per sheep
- Book Now
- Jamiyah Singapore
- Jamiyah Singapore, also known as Muslim Missionary Society Singapore, was founded in 1932 to serve and help the less privileged in the society.
- Price: Start from S$320 per sheep
- Book Now
- Perdaus has a rich history of providing education to the community via channels such as Iyad Perdaus and Madrasah Perdaus.
- Price: Start from S$320 per sheep (Australia) / S$155 per goat (Malang)
- Book Now
Where to order Aqiqah in Singapore?
While Aqiqah (Aqeeqah) is usually performed on the 7th day of a child’s birth, some Muslims choose to have it done on a later date, such as during the Qurban period. If so, you can consider one of the Qurban service providers.
Alternatively, there are also providers that offer Aqiqah service all year round as below. According to the hadith and the majority of Islamic scholars, Aqiqah for a baby boy is two goats/sheeps while it is one goat/sheep for a baby girl.
- Pergas Investment Holdings Pte Ltd (PIH)
- PIH is affiliated to Pergas and is set up to manage the properties owned by Pergas.
- Book Now for Aqiqah Indonesia package online
- Hezom International Pte Ltd
- Hezom is a halal grocery company. It offers Aqiqah services through a separate website www.aqiqahonline.org.
- Book Now for Aqiqah package from Indonesia, Africa, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Saudi Arabia, Cambodia, Yemen