It is almost certain that you will be able to ship items such as books, clothes, wallets, shoes, toys without batteries, etc. without saying. However, if you intend to ship any unusual items, always check the list of prohibited items below before heading down to any branches of SingPost. This will save yourself from frustrations of queuing up at the branch.
Do SingPost, Speedpost and vPost ship liquid?
No. SingPost, Speedpost and vPost do not ship liquid.
General goods prohibited from shipping that you need to be aware of
- Compressed gas such as aerosol spray, cylinder of compressed gas, gas canisters and fire extinguishers, etc.
- Flammable liquids such as alcohol, perfume, nail polish/removers, paints, adhesive, cigarette lighter and flammable solvents, etc.
- Oxidizing materials such as hair dyes, textile dyes, bleaches, etc.
- Instruments containing magnets and dry ice
- Live goods (living animals and plants)
- Perishable goods (meat, fish, vegetable, and fruits)
- Coins, banknotes and other valuables
- All liquids
- Shisha molasses
You may refer to this link for the full list of dangerous goods and general goods prohibited by SingPost.
If you are shipping out from Singapore, you may also refer to the country-specific requirements here for letter post and parcel post.
Dos and Don’ts for Speedpost
When you are in doubt, always contact SingPost before you head down to any of the SingPost branches itself. This is especially the case when you using vPost service as your items might get rejected upon arriving at vPost overseas addresses in the US, EU, Japan, or China.
- SingPost Customer Care Hotline: 1605 (24/7)
- Speedpost Hotline: +65 6222 5777 (24/7)
- Send an enquiry here
- Live chat here. Scroll down the page to locate the “Live Chat” button on the bottom right of the page. If you could not click on the button, the live chat might be busy or unavailable, just try again later.