When will the Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) take effect?
The Multi-Ministry Taskforce (MTF) has announced on 14 May 2021 that the Phase 2 Heightened Alert will take effect from Sunday 16 May 2021 through Sunday 13 June 2021.
How will it affect you?
Reductions in permissible group size
Reductions in permissible group size:
- From up to 5 persons to up to 2 persons
- No more than 2 social gatherings per day, regardless of in public or to household
- Only 2 distinct visitors per household per day
- Exception: grandchildren being cared for by their grandparents on a daily basis would not be counted towards the cap of 2 distinct visitors per household
No more dine-in
- No more dine-in at F&B outlets and restaurants
- No singing or play of certain musical instruments (wind or brass instruments) allowed
WFH is default again
- Work from home should be the default arrangement
- No cross deployment from worksite to worksite
- Staggered working hours should continue
- No social gatherings at workplace
- No intermingling during meal breaks
Reduced capacity for all activities
- Places of attractions, libraries and museums to operate at 25% operating capacity
- Shopping malls and showrooms to allow 1 person per 16 sqm of Gross Floor Area (GFA)
- Indoor and outdoor shows, MICE events, cinemas, wedding solemnisations, religious congregations to be capped at 100 persons with Pre-Event Testing (PET), and 50 persons without PET
- Funeral attendees to be capped at 20 persons per day
Activities that are forbidden
- Massage, facial and hairdressing services that require masks to be removed to stop
- Home-based businesses (HBBs) cannot receive any visitors; HBBs to only operate on contactless delivery/ collection model
- Outdoor BBQ activities, including both public ones in parks and private ones in condominiums, to cease
- No unmasking, singing, playing of wind and brass musical instruments at religious events, MICE events, and live performances
- No wedding receptions though wedding solemnisations are allowed
- All mass participation sports events to be suspended, and no spectators at sports events
Clarifications on 2-person rule
- Family unit of more than 2-person with elderly and children are allowed to travel together. They can travel in the same car or public transport.
- It is recommended that grocery shopping to be kept at 2 people.