Bangkok is the most visited city in the world. Many Singaporeans travel to Bangkok a few times per year for short getaway, shopping or when there are cravings for delicious Thai food.
While sometimes it may be cheaper to exchange for Thai Baht at certain places in Bangkok, it is always more discerning to exchange beforehand in Singapore.
Moreover, Thailand has a regulation that states that holders of tourist visa and those foreigners eligible for tourist visa exemption, must be able to prove that they have adequate finances equivalent to at least 20,000 Baht per person or 40,000 Baht per family. We have never heard of Singaporeans being asked to prove so but it is always good to be prepared.
Best Money Changer for cheap Thai Baht (THB) in Singapore (Updated 2019)
- Capital Forex Pte Ltd (The Arcade, Raffles Place)
- Fiat Money Changer (The Arcade, Raffles Place)
- Triple Star Exchange (Holland Road Shopping Centre, Holland Road)
- Chulia Money Changer (Funan, City Hall)
How do we make the listing?
- We go through the money changers to identify the best rates for SGD/THB.
- We search under the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)’s directory to make sure that they are registered money changer (just in case)
- We read through their Google review and Facebook reviews and filter out those that have bad ratings (below 3 out of 5).
Capital Forex Pte Ltd (The Arcade, Raffles Place)
Mon to Fri: 10 am to 8 pm; Saturday: 10 am to 5 pm; Sunday and Public holidays closed
+65 6260 4797
11 Collyer Quay #02-01A The Arcade 049317
Fiat Money Changer (The Arcade, Raffles Place)
Monday-Friday : 9 am – 7 pm; Saturday 9 am – 3 pm
+65 6224 0901
The Arcade #02-37, 11 Collyer Quay, 049317
Triple Star Exchange (Holland Road Shopping Centre, Holland Road)
Monday-Sunday: 9:30 AM-8:00 PM
+65 6463 5334
211 Holland Avenue #01-K4 Holland Road Shopping Centre Singapore 278967 (Inside Thambi Magazine Store)
Chulia Money Changer (Funan, City Hall)
Daily 10:00am – 10:00pm
+65 6954 6135
107 NORTH BRIDGE ROAD #B1-20 179105
4.8 out of 5 from 17 Google Review (as of Nov 2019)