Bangkok is the most visited city in the world. Many Singaporeans travel to Bangkok a few times per year for short getaway, shopping or when there are cravings for delicious Thai food.
While sometimes it may be cheaper to exchange for Thai Baht at certain places in Bangkok, it is always more discerning to exchange beforehand in Singapore.
Moreover, Thailand has a regulation that states that holders of tourist visa and those foreigners eligible for tourist visa exemption, must be able to prove that they have adequate finances equivalent to at least 20,000 Baht per person or 40,000 Baht per family. We have never heard of Singaporeans being asked to prove so but it is always good to be prepared.
Best Money Changer for cheap Thai Baht (THB) in Singapore (Updated 2022)
- Capital Forex Pte Ltd (Bukit Batok)
- JC Global (NorthPoint City, Yishun)
- Silver River Money Exchange (Marina Square, City Hall)
- Fiat Money Changer (The Arcade, Raffles Place)
- Taisei Money Changer (Ang Mo Kio)