Chinatown Chinese New Year Celebration 2022 (2022 年牛车水农历新年庆祝活动) includes a series of celebratory activities that will be held in the Chinatown area. It starts from 7 January with the Chinatown street light-up and opening ceremony, followed by in-person events in Chinatown and a series of online workshops to prepare for the Chinese New year in between, and finally ends off with lights-off in early March.
This event is organized by the Kreta Ayer – Kim Seng CCC and supported by the People’s Association, Chinatown Business Association and Singapore Tourism Board.
Schedule of Activities
- 7 January – 2 March 2022: Street light-up (7pm to 12am)
- 7 January – 26 January 2022: WWF and Temenggong Tigers Sculptures Display (All day)
- 7 January – 15 February 2022: Chinatown Wishing Tree (Minimum donation S$2 to help needy, 10am – 10pm)
- 13 January 2022: Chinatown Chinese New Year Celebrations Getai (8pm to 10pm)
- 16 January 2022: Online Chinese New Year Activity – Bak Kwa Platter (TBC, Facebook)
- 22 January 2022: Online Chinese New Year Activity – Love Letters Baking (TBC, Facebook)
- 22/23/29/30 January 2022: Chinatown Chinese New Year Walking Trail (TBC, S$35/person, 5pm to 7pm)
- 31 January 2022: Online Chinese New Year Activity – Tiger Origami (TBC, Facebook)
- 5 February 2022: Online Chinese New Year Activity – Pen Cai (TBC, Facebook)
- 15 February – 22 February 2022: Adopt a Lantern (All day)