What are the Chinese zodiacs in conflict with Tai Sui in 2022 Year of Tiger?
If you are born in the year of 2022, 2010, 1998, 1986, 1974, 1962, 1950, 1938 in the lunar calendar, your zodiac sign is tiger.
As 2022 is the year of your zodiac sign (值太岁), you are in conflict with Tai Sui. You may experience a tough time in your career and you may find it harder to accumulate wealth this year.
In 2022, try to take things slow to avoid making bad decisions when you are stressed.
If you are born in the year of 2016, 2004, 1992, 1980, 1968, 1956 or 1944 in the lunar calendar, your zodiac sign is monkey.
Monkey is directly opposite tiger in the Chinese Zodiac Wheel. As 2022 is the year of the tiger, people born in the year of the monkey will also be in conflict in Tai Sui (冲太岁). You may have below-average luck in career and wealth.
In 2022, you are encouraged to keep a lower profile at work, be willing to make positive changes in life, and take extra precautions when traveling.
If you are born in the year of 2013, 2001, 1989, 1977, 1965, 1953, 1941 or 1929 in the lunar calendar, your zodiac sign is snake.
In 2022, people born in the year of the snake will encounter “harming tai sui” (害太岁), which is the worst among the types of tai sui. You may experience a mix of below-average luck and good luck in career and relationship throughout the year.
As long as you practise mindful speech, be calm and avoid getting into any quarrels with others, 2022 may turn out to be a blessed year for you.
If you are born in the year of 2019, 2007, 1995, 1983, 1971, 1959, 1947 or 1935 in the lunar calendar, your zodiac sign is pig.
People born in the year of the pig will encounter “breaking tai sui” (破太岁) in 2022. Luckily, this type of tai sui is the least severe among the types of tai sui. Harming tai sui usually affects interpersonal relationships.
You are advised to be patient and not to get into any disputes to avoid unnecessary spending.
What you should do if you are born in the year of tiger, monkey, snake or pig?
Many people may wonder if your zodiac sign is in conflict with tai sui, does this mean that you will have bad luck throughout the year? Should you avoid all major decisions from buying cars to buying properties?
No. When you have conflicts with tai sui, you are encouraged to work hard, be nice to others, stay positive, stay calm, take only calculated risks, and take extra precautions in major decisions. However, people not having conflicts with tai sui should also practise these principles in everyday life.
If your zodiac sign is in conflict with tai sui, you can head to any Taoist temple in Singapore to settle your tai sui (安太岁). Just tell them your zodiac sign and they will let you know what to do. Depending on the temple that you go to, you will usually be required to do the following:
- Provide your Chinese name and date & time of birth
- Buy a set of joss papers and joss sticks
- Pray to the Tai Sui God
Where to pray Tai Sui in Singapore 2022?
While there are many temples in Singapore that support the worshipping of Tai Sui 拜太岁 during the Chinese New Year festive period, there are now restrictions and alternative arrangements in place due to the COVID situation.
The following are some of the temples that offer praying to Tai Sui in 2022, with the cost starting from $8:
- Thian Hock Keng 天福宫
- 158 Telok Ayer Street Singapore 068613 (Tanjong Pagar MRT station)
- 02 Feb 2022 – 15 Feb 2022 (8:30am to 4:30pm)
- Sembawang God of Wealth Temple 三巴旺财神庙
- 28 Admiralty St, Singapore 757611 (Sembawang MRT station)
- 01 Feb 2022 – 02 Mar 2022 (9am to 9pm)
- Kew Ong Yah Temple 新加坡后港斗母宫
- 779A Upper Serangoon Road Singapore 534648 (Kovan MRT station)
- 01 Feb 2022 – 15 Feb 2022 (8am to 7pm)
- Loyang Tua Pek Kong 洛阳大伯公庙
- 20 Loyang Way Singapore 508774 (Tampines East MRT station)
- 04 Feb 2022 – 16 Feb 2022 (9am to 4:30pm)
- Kuan Im Tng Temple (Joo Chiat) 如切观音堂
- 62 Tembeling Road Singapore 423586 (Eunos MRT station)
- 01 Feb 2022 – 16 Feb 2022 (9am to 3pm)
- Chong Ghee Temple 万兴山崇义庙
- 80 Rivervale Crescent Singapore 545087 (Sengkang MRT station)
- 04 Feb 2022 – 02 Mar 2022 (9am to 7pm)
- Ang Chee Sia Ong Temple 安济圣王庙
- 131 West Coast Drive Singapore 128014 (Clementi MRT station)
- 01 Feb 2022 – 15 Feb 2022 (9am to 5pm)
- Jin Fu Gong Temple 正华村金福宫
- 20 Jurong West Street 92 Singapore 649000 (Pioneer MRT station)
- 02 Feb 2022 – 15 Feb 2022 (7am to 6pm)
How and when to return Tai Sui in Singapore 2022 (还太岁)?
To return Tai Sui, simply go to the same temple where you did your Tai Sui worshipping.
The procedure is the same as when you settled your Tai Sui. You will need to prepare your Chinese name, date and time of birth, buy a set of joss papers and joss sticks and pray to the Tai Sui God.
Each temple will have different dates for returning of Tai Sui. The typical dates to return Tai Sui are usually 1 to 2 weeks before the Winter Solstice festival or Dongzhi festival (冬至). Dongzhi falls on 22 December 2022 this year.
What should you do if you miss the period? Calm down and do not worry! You can go back to the same temple, buy a set of joss sticks, pray and express your gratitude to the Tai Sui God for the protection over the year.